The National Diversity Council invites you to submit content contributions for the DiversityFIRST™ Toolkit, a resource offered to our national and state partners. Through a password-protected website, the toolkit is intended to help our partners raise awareness and advance diversity efforts within their organization. It will be available to hundreds of partners from various industries across the United States.
If you are a consultant, academic or professional in the D&I space, we welcome any number of submissions for consideration – in-depth articles, papers and research – on any of the content areas below. More content areas will be added in the future.
Diversity and Inclusion: content on the business case and general information on D&I.
Gender: content on information on the general state of women and trends in the gender discourse.
Cultural Competence: content on cultural competence and its value for today’s multicultural environment and for workforce effectiveness, creativity and adaptability.
Metrics: content on the importance and role of diversity metrics for business success, and best practices in D&I metrics.
Diversity Councils: content on the function of diversity councils and how to start, maintain and grow a successful diversity council.
Employee Resource Groups: content on the function of ERGs and how to best approach ERG efforts.
Diversity Marketing: content on the business case for diversity marketing and how companies can tailor their efforts to reach different racial and ethnic backgrounds, age groups and lifestyles.
Global Diversity: content on global diversity efforts and the opportunities and challenges of global diversity.
DiversityFIRST™ Toolkit Submission Guidelines
- We only accept submissions from the original author of the articles or a publicist hired by the copyright owner to submit materials. We cannot guarantee that your submission(s) will be used as content for the toolkit.
- We will consider previously published work as long as it is still relevant. There is no word limit per submission.
- By submitting material, you acknowledge that you are legally entitled to distribute the work and to allow it to be redistributed as part of the DiversityFIRST™ Toolkit password-protected website for National Diversity Council partners only.
- Your submission(s) should include article title as a header and author’s name, title, organization/firm, email, and publication year at the end.
- Your submission(s) may include an appropriately-sized logo of your organization/firm at the end of the article but no advertisements.
- The National Diversity Council is not responsible for copyright infringement of any of your materials posted on the DiversityFIRST™ Toolkit password-protected website. However, we post the following to protect your work: “No part of the contents on the DiversityFIRST™ Toolkit password-protected website may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. For written consent, please contact the author directly at his or her email included at the end of the article.”
- For stand-alone materials that can be reproduced without permission, please include the following at the end of the article: “Permission granted by [author’s name] to reproduce this material.”
- The National Diversity Council does not compensate for posted content on the DiversityFIRST™ Toolkit website. We offer contributors the opportunity to brand themselves as subject matter experts to our network of hundreds of partners across the country. A page is included on the website to acknowledge all contributors by name and organization/firm.
- Please submit your work for consideration to Cecilia Orellana-Rojas at email@example.com with copy to Jim Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials should be submitted in PDF format. We accept submissions on an ongoing basis.