California, USA – the California Diversity Council hosted their 2017 California Diversity and Leadership Conferences this May in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. The conferences featured multiple speakers presenting on a variety of topics emphasizing the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. In addition, business leaders were honored for their achievements in the workplace. The Theme of this year’s conference was “Fostering Equity Through Inclusion.”
“I am always honored to be in the presence of such outstanding individuals who advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chairman of the National Diversity Council. “Their achievements epitomize the exceptional capabilities of individuals from all backgrounds.”
Throughout the day, a variety of notable speakers led workshops discussing diversity, leadership, and power. Headlines such as “Millennials and the Workplace,” “Leading with Emotional Intelligence,” and “Unwritten Rules of Corporate America” are only a few of the exciting featured workshops. Attendees also had the opportunity to share their thoughts during question and answer sessions following each discussion.
This year, 11 top female executives were also recognized for their outstanding achievements and their undeniable commitment to workplace equality. The Most Powerful & Influential Women award highlights women that exemplify undeniable leadership. They demonstrate a strong commitment to community well-being and significantly impact company revenues and profitability.
For more information about the 2017 California Diversity and Leadership Conferences or Mosts Powerful & Influential Women awardees, please visit www.cadiversityconference.com. You may also contact Avauna Walker at [email protected].
Northern California Awardees
- Gunjan Aggarwal, Chief Talen Acquisition, HR Lead, Media Business, Ericsson
- Beena Ammanath, Vice President, Innovation, GE Digital
- Aubrey Blanche, Global Head, Diversity & Inclusion, Atlassian
- Lisa Lee, Director, Diversity & Inclusion Strategies, Pandora
- Dr. Sara L Terheggen, Corporate Partner, Morrison & Foerster
- Maggie Yuen, Vice President, Finance, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Rosemary Turner, President, UPS Northern California
Southern California Awardees
- Yesenia M. Gallegos, Partner, Fox Rothschild, LLP
- Gloria Lee, Partner, Rutan & Tucker, LLP
- Karen Nguyen, National Manager, Programs & Technology Integration, Kia
- Nan Young, Executive Director & Founder, Art Trek, Inc