Illinois Diversity Council Hosts 7th Annual Women’s Conference
Chicago, IL – – On April 26, 2016 the Illinois Diversity Council hosted the 7th Annual Illinois Women’s Conference at the Hyatt Regency Chicago from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This conference offered women a venue to learn from and network with the top female business leaders in the state. A select group of leading women in business were also be recognized for their professional accomplishments during award ceremonies at this year’s conference.
“The Illinois Women’s Conference is an excellent place to showcase the great strides women have made in the business world,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Highlighting the leading women in Illinois shows women that their aspiration are not unattainable.”
The conference opened with the Most Powerful and Influential Woman Awards breakfast. This award honors deserving female executives in various organizations within the state of Illinois. These women exhibit a commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional excellence. Additional awards such as the Difference Maker Award, the Advancing STEM Leadership Award, and the Leadership Excellence Award also recognized women for their success.
Conference attendees had the opportunity to enhance their professional skillsets by discussing topics such as “Leading with Emotional Intelligence,” “The Art of Promotion,” and “Cracking the Confidence Code – What You Need to Know.” These topics were designed to challenge conventional ideology and promote organizational changes incorporating gender diversity.
For more information about the Illinois Women’s Conference, contact Lanre Ogunbufunmi at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our event website www.nationalwomensconference.com/Illinois/2016/.
The Most Powerful and Influential Women Awardees
- Melissa A. Anyetei, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Tara Marszewski, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer, General Growth Properties
- Kim deBeers, Partner, Skadden
- Jan McCahon, Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations & Corporate Secretery, TDS
- Christine D. Duffy, Senior Director of Operations, Cintas
- Cheryl McKinney, Vice President, Strategy & Portfolio Fuels North America, BP Products North America
- Julie Holzrichter, Chief Operating Officer, CME Group
- Janese Murray, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Exelon
- Sallie Hornick, Head of People Development, Global Business Organization, Google
- Sandra Pineau-Boddison, Senior Vice President, Customers United
- Susie Lees, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Allstate Insurance Company
- Manika Turnbull, Ph.D, Vice President & Chief Diversity Officer, Health Care Service Corporation
- Julie Loeger, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Discover Financial Services
- Sylvia Wulf, Senior Vice President, Category Management & President, Stock Yards Division, U.S. Foods
Diversity Maker Awardees
- Dr. Roslind Blasingame-Buford, President & CEO, Link Unlimited Scholars
- Evelyn J. Diaz, President, Heartland Alliance
Advancing STEM Leadership Awardees
- Britta McKenna, Chief Innovation Officer, Illinois Mathematics & Science Academy
Leadership Excellence Award
- Katherine Licup, Chief Privacy Officer & Director, Discover Final Services