The Illinois Diversity Council is proud to announce the 2017 Legal Champion Awardees, a definitive list of female legal professionals who demonstrate an undeniable commitment to excellence within their organiazations. Each executive honored with this distinguished award will be formally recognized at the 2017 Illinois Legal Women in Leadership Symposium on Wednesday, May 24, 2017. This event offers women a venue to learn from and network with many of the top legal professionals in Illinois. The theme of this year’s conference is “Women in Law: Tipping the Scales.”
“The 2017 Legal Champion award highlights the most extraordinary female leaders in the state,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chair of the National Diversity Council. “We are honored to recognize such distinguished women dedicated to continuous success.”
The 2017 Illinois Legal Champion award selection was based on the following criteria:
- Must be General Counsel or Corporate Secretary
- Demonstrates achievements across the full spectrum of in-house responsibility.
- Performs above and beyond the usual requirements of his or her professional capability.
- Shows commitment to diversity and community well-being.
- Displays high integrity and ethical behavior.
For more information on the 2017 Illinois Legal Women in Leadership Symposium, please visit our event website at www.illinoislegalwils.com or contact Lanre Ogunbufunmi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Legal Champion Awardees
- Michelle M. Warner, Senior VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, USG Corporation
- Talita Erickson, General Counsel & Chief Diversity Officer, Barilla America
- Susan L. Lees, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Allstate Insurance
- Suzanne S. Bettman, Chief Compliance Officer, Executive VP & Corporate Secretary, RR Donnelly