Professionals To Be Honored at the 6th Annual Tri-State Diversity and Leadership Conference
New York, NY (July 27, 2016) –The Tri-State Diversity Council is hosting the 6th Annual Tri-State Diversity and Leadership Conference, in an effort to recognize and empower multiculturalism and leadership throughout the Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York. The event will be held August 25, 2016 at the New Yorker Hotel, New York, NY.
“It is an honor for us to recognize these extraordinary individuals who have risen above the numerous challenges and barriers in their paths and achieved success in their distinguished careers,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council.
The full-day event will feature concurrent sessions that will address topics such as “Exploring Multi-Generational Work Styles,” “Attracting, Developing, and Retaining the Next Generation of Black Leaders,” and “Groundbreaking Ideas in Work-Life Balance.” Attendees will have to opportunity to share their thoughts in open question and answer sessions following each panel discussion.
A series of awards will also be given in recognition of leadership excellence including the 2016 Most Powerful & Influential Women award and the 2016 Multicultural Leadership award. Each award is reserved for individuals who exemplify undeniable leadership in the workplace and demonstrate a strong commitment to the well being of their community.
Registration for the Tri-State Diversity and Leadership Conference and additional information, including agenda and speakers, is available at: www.tristatediversityconference/2016/
2016 Most Powerful and Influential Women Award Recipients
- Debra Bass, President – Global Baby Franchise Organization, Johnson & Johnson
- Kathryn Burdett, Vice President, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Deutsche Bank
- Deborah Hazell, Chief Executive Officer, HSBC Global Asset Management USA
- Soo Hong, Chief HR Officer, WeWork
- Medina Jett, President, Integrated Compliance Solutions
- Marilu Marshall, Sr. Vice President – Global HR, Estee Lauder Companies
- Aruna Ravichandran, Vice President – Product & Solutions Marketing,CA Technologies
- Meika Roberson, Chief Medical Officer, CarePoint Health
- Radha Subramanyam, President – Insights, Research & Data Analytics, iHeartMedia
- Alana Sweeny, President & CEO, United Way of Westchester and Putnam
2016 Multicultural Leadership Award Recipients
- D.A. Abrams, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, United States Tennis Association
- Indhira Arrington, Head of Wholesale Diversity Strategic Recruiting and Programs, Wells Fargo
- Nancy Di Dia, Executive Director & Chief D&I Officer, Boehringer Ingelheim USA
- John Drwal, Vice President of Applications, Capgemini
- Kenneth Hunter, Chief Diversity, Inclusion and EEO Officer, NYC Department of IT and Telecommunications
- Mari Marques-Thomas, Vice President – Talent & Change Management, Wyndham Worldwide
- Cecilia Nelson, Asst. Vice President – Diversity & Inclusion, L’Oréal USA
- Kevin Reed, Director of Sales Administration, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ
- Teena-Ann Sankoorikal, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Shaun Smith, SVP & Chief HR Officer, NY Presbyterian Hospital