Pennsylvania Diversity Council Hosts 2nd Annual Philadelphia Women Leadership Symposium
On May 19, 2016 the Pennsylvania Diversity Council hosted the Inaugural Philadelphia Healthcare Diversity Summit at Independence Blue Cross. This event is designed to provide healthcare practitioners, administrators, students and professionals with a clear understanding of philosophies and processes that strengthen culturally competent care delivery. The theme of this year’s summit was “Many Faces: Addressing Diversity & Inclusion in Healthcare.
“The Healthcare Diversity Summit is an excellent platform to highlight the benefits of diversity in healthcare,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Obtaining valuable knowledge from reputable sources is a great start to improving diversity in the field.”
The half-day event featured multiple business leaders from various healthcare organizations discussing topics relevant to the improvement of diversity in the industry. The summit allowed attendees and panelists to create dialogue that will help build an organizational workforce that is cultural competent and inclusive. Following this series of impactful discussion sessions, participants were given the opportunity to ask questions and share their thoughts on the topics presented.
The Pennsylvania Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
- Eve Higginbotham, Vice Dean, Inclusion and Diversity, Perelman School of Medicine
- Erica Gooch, Associate Director, Interim, Head of PV Policy Group, Janssen Research and Development, LLC
- Diana Lehman, Director, Case and Condition Management, Independence Blue Cross
- Mark Green, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Accolade
- Joseph B. Hill, Senior VP and Chief Diversity Officer, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health Center