On September 29, 2016 the National Women’s Council hosted the 3rd Annual Houston Women’s Conference at the Sheraton Suites-Galleria. This conference offered women a venue to learn from and network with the top female business leaders in the state. A select group of leading women in business were also recognized for their professional accomplishments during award ceremonies at this year’s conference.
“The Houston Women’s Conference is an excellent place to showcase the great strides women have made in the business world,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Highlighting the leading women in Houston shows women that their aspirations are not unattainable.”
The conference began at 8:00 a.m. with registration and an open networking session. Conference attendees had the opportunity to enhance their professional skillsets by discussing topics such as “Leading with Emotional Intelligence,” “Smashing the Glass Ceiling,” and “Being Politically Savvy in the Workplace.” These topics were designed to challenge conventional ideology and promote organizational changes incorporating gender diversity.
During the conference awards luncheon, a group of exceptional women were recognized as the Top 15 Business Women of Houston. This award is designed to honor women who innovate and drive change while contributing to business growth and the strategic direction of the organization. Each awardee is not only committed to their own professional development, but they are also committed to inspiring others and investing in the success of their peers.
The National Women’s Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success. Event program booklet, photos, and past events can be viewed on our timeline.
Houston Women’s Conference Speakers & Moderators
- Megan Cleghorn, JD, MBA, President, Cleghorn Performance Evaluation, LLC
- Myrtle Jones, Senior Vice President, Tax, Halliburton
- Kinberlee Lawson, Graduate Coordinator, University of Houston – Downtown
- Miracle Johnson, Senior Associate, Resource Management, KPMG
- Leah Carter, Global University Affairs, Program Manager & Diversity Lead, Halliburton
- Yvonne Harris, Assistant Director, NA Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, Capegemini
- Qiara Suggs, Director, Human Resources, Memorial Herman – Sugar Land
- Brittany King, Founder, Career Credo
- Janel Caminos, Human Resource Specialist, Shriners Hospitals for Children