National Women’s Council Hosts 3rd Annual Kentucky Women in Leadership Symposium
On June 8, 2016, the National Women’s Council hosted the 3rd Annual Kentucky Women in Leadership Symposium at Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP. Attendees of the symposium gained knowledge and advice from corporate leaders who shared insight from their personal success and leadership experience as professionals. This symposium will bring together a diverse mix of successful women who, through the discussion of topics relevant to today’s issues, will educate, inspire and encourage their peers to reflect on their own goals as they strive to advance within their organizations. The theme of this year’s symposium is “Secure your place at the table.”
“The Women in Leadership Symposium functions as a forum for female executives to share their personal success stories and challenges faced while climbing the corporate ladder,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Our hope is that this type of dialogue will motivate women to continue striving for success in their professional careers.”
The half-day event featured multiple business leaders from various organizations discussing topics such as “Finding Your Own Voice,” “Becoming a Person of Influence, ”and “The Courage to Lead.” The symposiums began with a welcome from Javier Castro, Business Development Officer at the National Diversity Council. Following panel discussions, attendees were given the opportunity to share their thoughts in an open question and answer session.
The National Women’s Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
- Phyllis L. Clark, M.Ed., Associate VP, Student Affairs &Dean for Student Success, Simmons College of Kentucky
- Celia Catlett, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Texas Roadhouse
- Lisa Cochran, VP, Business Technology Executive, Humana
- Dawn Croft, Director, Legal, KFC Corporation
- Nikki Jackson, VP & Regional Executive, Louisville Branch, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Janet P. Jakubowicz, Partner & Chair, Partnership Board, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
- Rhonda Woody, Branch Manager, Man Power Group