National Women’s Council Expands Global Reach with Inaugural Toronto Women in Leadership Symposium
On July 7, 2016, the National Women’s Council hosted the Inaugural Toronto Women in Leadership Symposium at Torys LLP. This symposium brought together a diverse mix of successful women who, through the discussion of topics relevant to today’s issues, will educate, inspire and encourage their peers to reflect on their own goals as they strive to advance within their organizations. The theme of this year’s symposium is “Secure your place at the table.”
“We are thrilled to bring our Women in Leadership Symposium to Toronto this year,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Expanding our reach to new markets gives us the opportunity to acknowledge exceptional women around the world.”
The half-day event began with registration, breakfast and networking at 8:00 a.m. Following registration, attendees were greeted with a warm welcome from Javier Castro, Business Development Officer at National Diversity Council. The symposium also featured multiple business leaders from various organizations discussing topics such as “Finding Your Own Voice,” “ Becoming a Person of Influence,” and “The Courage to Lead.” Following panel discussions, attendees were given the opportunity to share their thoughts in an open question and answer session.
The National Women’s Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Program booklets, photos, and other events can be viewed on the National event timeline.
- Yvonne Harris, SPHR, SHRM-SCPAssistant Director, North America Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Gapgemini
- Cheryl Fullerton, Executive VP, People & Communication, Corus Entertainment
- Valerie Helbronner, Partner, Torys LLP
- Sara Presutto, MA, CHRP, VP Partner Resources, Starbucks Canada
- Annette van’s Spyker,VP, Human Resources (US, Canada, India), Capgemini
- Margaret Zanel,VP, Strategy & Business Transformation, Xerox Canada