The Louisiana Diversity Council hosted its 2016 Women in Leadership Symposiums at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge on April 19th and at Cox Communications in New Orleans on April 20th. Attendees of the symposiums gained knowledge and advice from corporate leaders who shared insights from their personal success and leadership experience as professionals. The theme for this year’s symposiums was Secure Your Place at the Table.
“We are excited to offer our Women in Leadership Symposiums in Louisiana again this year,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chairman of the National Diversity Council. “This type of event gives women in Louisiana the perfect opportunity to share their knowledge and successes with fellow aspiring leaders.”
The half-day event featured multiple business leaders from various organizations discussing topics such as “The Courage to Lead: Inner Dimensions of Leadership,” “Positioning Yourself for the Next Big Opportunity,” and “Stop Networking and Start Making Connections.” The symposiums began with a welcome and formal introduction of the participating panelists. Each panelist was able to address a specific topic of discussion in addition to engaging with the other panelists and answering audience questions regarding the panel topics.
The Louisiana Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, volunteers, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Photos and program booklets from the symposiums can be found here.
Baton Rouge Panelists:
- Colette Barrett, Vice President of Mission Services, Our Lady of the Lake
- Kendra Case, Chief Operating Officer, Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- Patricia LeJeune, Marketing Director for Wealth Management, JP Morgan Chase
- Yvette Marsh, Sr. Director of Talent Management, LSU Foundation
- Debra White Lockwood, President & Chief Financial Officer, Provident Group
New Orleans Panelists:
- Amy Bakay, Sr. Vice President of Human Resources, PosiGen
- Stacey C. S. Cerrone, Sr. Counsel, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Joan Y. Davis, J.D., Chancellor, Delgado Health System
- Marguerite Knight, Sr. Vice President, Morgan Stanley
- Janet Snow-Godfrey, Sr. Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, Ochsner Health System