Illinois Diversity Council Hosts the Inaugural Central Illinois Women in Leadership Symposium
On September 7, 2016, the Illinois Diversity Council hosted the Inaugural Central Illinois Women in Leadership Symposium at the Caterpillar Visitor’s Center in Peoria, IL. Attendees of the symposium gained knowledge and advice from corporate leaders who shared insight from their personal success and leadership experiences.
“We are so happy with the success of the Women in Leadership Symposium, said Founder and Chairman of the National Diversity Council. “We hope all of our attendees left this event with an increased sense of confidence in their ability to achieve success as business professionals.”
The symposium began at 8:30 a.m. with registration, breakfast, and networking. Our featured group of
panelists lead discussions covering topics such as “The Courage to Lead,” “Becoming a Person of Influence,” and “Developing Political Savvy.” Attendees also had the opportunity to share their thoughts during question and answer sessions following the presentation of each topic.
The Illinois Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Program booklets, photos, and other post event articles can be viewed on the Illinois Event Timeline.
- Amy Volz, eBusiness Digital Content & Analytics Marketing Manager Global Chair, Caterpillar Women’s Initiative Network (WIN), Caterpillar, Inc.
- Rita Ali, PhD, VP, Diversity, International & Adult Education, Illinois Central College
- Jean Savage, Chief Technology Officer & VP, Innovation & Technology Development Division, Caterpillar, Inc
- Gregory Folley, Senior VP, Category Management, President, Stock Yards Division, U.S Foods, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Bonnie Fetch, Director, Aftermarket Parts, Caterpillar, Inc.