Illinois Diversity Council Hosts Inaugural Legal Women in Leadership Symposium
On May 26, 2016 the Illinois Diversity Council, in partnership with Seyfarth Shaw, hosted the Inaugural Illinois Legal Women in Leadership Symposium. This symposium aims to highlight the importance of diversity and inclusion efforts in the legal field. This year’s theme was “Women Warriors: Dominating the Scales.”
“The Illinois Legal Women in Leadership Symposium is an excellent place to showcase the great strides women have made in the legal field,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Highlighting the top leaders in the industry shows women that their aspirations are not unattainable.”
The symposium opened at 8:15 a.m. with registration, breakfast, and networking. Following the opening events, attendees were greeted with a kind welcome from Terri Mayes, National Practice Director at Patina Solutions, and Amanda Sonnebron, Partner at Seyfarth Shaw. Panel discussions covering topics such as “Cracking the Confidence Code,” and “Developing Your Leadership Potential” offer attendees the opportunity to obtain beneficial knowledge to improve their leadership skills. After each in depth discussion, attendees were given the opportunity to share their thoughts during an open question and answer session.
The Illinois Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Guest of Honor
- Amanda Sonneborn, Labor & Employment Department, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Marcia V. Perkins, Co-Founder, Gathered Wisdom Partners
- Sharon Barner, VP & General Council, Cummins, Inc.
- Julie Davenport, Executive VP & General Counsel, HSBC Finance Corporation
- Denise Cade, Senior VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, IDEX Corporation
- K. Kristann Carey ,Senior VP & General Counsel – Beer Division, Constellation Brands, Inc.