Georgia Diversity Council Advocates for Workplace Diversity at 2016 LGBT-Allies Diversity Summit
On June 4, 2016, the Georgia Diversity Council hosted the 2016 LGBT Allies Diversity Summit in Atlanta, Georgia. Attendees of the summit gained knowledge and advice from corporate leaders who shared insight from their personal success and professional leadership experience.
“The LGBT Allies Summit is an amazing event that highlights the importance of workplace equality,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council.
The half-day event began at 8:00 a.m. with registration, breakfast and networking. Attendees were greeted with a welcome from Angeles Valenciano, CEO at the National Diversity Council. Five featured panelists lead various discussions focusing on the overall challenges faced by the LGBT community in the workplace. Following these discussions, attendees were given the opportunity to share their thoughts during question and answer sessions.
The Georgia Diversity Council would like to thank all sponsors, speakers, volunteers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Program booklets, photos, and other events can be viewed on the Georgia Event Timeline.
- Meci Alt, CEO & Partner, Carma Productions
- Steve Dondero, Training Consultant, Dondero Training & Consulting, LLC
- John Knott, Senior VP, Enterprise Financial Performance Management, SunTrust
- Catherine Salvadore, Director, HR Director & HR Global Manager, UPS
- Douglas Selph, Partner, Morros, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Danielle Steele,Interim Director of LGBT and Career for Women, Emory University