In celebration of Women’s History Month, the Florida Diversity Council hosted its 2017 Women in Leadership Symposiums during the month of March in three locations throughout the state – Orlando, Tampa Bay, and South Florida. Attendees of the symposiums were exposed to female leaders who shared insights from their personal success and leadership experience as professionals
Angeles Valenciano, CEO of the National Diversity Council, said of the initiative: “This type of event gives women the perfect opportunity to share in the knowledge and successes of the esteemed panelists, reflect on the development of their own careers, and network fellow aspiring leaders.”
This year’s event theme was “Be Fearless: Influence, Innovate, and Inspire.” The half-day event featured multiple business leaders from various organizations discussing topics such as “Transforming the Rules of Engagement,” “The Difference ‘Difference’ Makes – Double Minority Leadership,” and “Lifting up the Next Generation of Women.” The symposiums began with a welcome and formal introduction of the participating panelists. Each panelist was able to address a specific topic of discussion as well as engage with the other panelists and answer audience questions regarding the panel topics.
The Florida Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, volunteers, speakers and attendees for helping to make the 2017 Women in Leadership Symposium series a great success.
Photos and program booklets from the symposiums can be found here.
Women in Leadership Symposium Panelists
- Keysa Minnifield, Vice President of Human Resources, Sodexo On-Site Solutions
- Kim Matlock, Vice President of Digital Strategg, Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Margaret Pittelkow, Vice President, AAA Automotive
- Patty Sheehan, Commissioner, City of Orlando
- Maria García de la Noceda, Vice President, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Ronice Barlow, Sr. Vice President & COO U.S. Advisory Services, Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc.
- Katharine Eagan, Chief Executive Officer, Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART)
- Charlene McClain, Chief Talent Officer, Eckerd Kids
- Marguerita Brunson Sims, Senior Corporate Counsel, WellCare
- Yvette Segura, Vice President and General Manager, USAA
- Kim Stone, Executive Vice President & General Manager, American Airlines & The HEAT Group
- Lynn White, Senior Vice Preisdent, Corporate Human Resources
- Bobet Bennett-Marshall, Regional Vice President of Resort Operations, Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Brenda Arce, Vice President, Robert Half
- Julie Stodolak, Vice President of Stores, GameStop