ORLANDO, FL – The Florida Diversity Council hosted the 7th Annual Florida Diversity & Leadership Conference, in an effort to recognize and empower multiculturalism and leadership throughout the state of Florida. The event was held April 22, 2016 at the Wyndham Orlando Resort.
The full-day event featured concurrent panel sessions that addressed topics regarding diversity and inclusion, leadership and professional development. Executives shared their insights regarding topics such as “Cross-Generational Competence,” “Creating an LGBTQ Inclusive Workplace,” “Leading with Emotional Intelligence,” and “Essential Leadership Skills for Success in the Workplace.”
A series of awards were also given in recognition of leadership and excellence including the 2016 Most Powerful & Influential Women Award, and the 2016 Multicultural Leadership Award.
“I am very proud to recognize these extraordinary individuals who have risen above the numerous challenges and barriers barring their paths and achieved success in their distinguished careers,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & CEO of the National Diversity Council.
Most Powerful and Influential Women Award Winners:
- Lisa Cohen, Vice President, Human Resources, Hilton Grand Vacations
- Katharine Eagan, Chief Executive Officer, Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART)
- Dr. Barbara Jenkins, Superintendent, Orange County Public Schools
- Delores Lail, Vice President of Sales, Southeast Region, Ryder Systems, Inc.
- Judth List, President & CEO, David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
- Joanne Persinger, Senior Vice President, IT – Americas Region, Tech Data Corporation
- Cornita A. Riley, Chief, Orange County Corrections
- Rebecca Sinclair, Senior Vice President & Chief HR Officer, Southeastern Grocers LLC
- Lea Watts, Senior Vice President, Owner Services & Club Management, Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Dierdre White, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Grow Financial Federal Credit Union
- Barbara Wilcox, Senior Vice President & Chief Talent Officer, Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Multicultural Leadership Award Winners:
- Cristina Abreu, U.S. Membership Process Leader, Nielsen
- Janet Balanoff, Associate Vice President, Equity & Diversity, Seminole State Cllege
- Nancy Faggianelli, Shareholder & Chief Diversity Officer, Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Alexander Hernandez, Vice President & Financial Advisor, SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.
- Dr. Jose Hernandez, AVP, Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, University of South Florida
- Linda Landman Gonzalez, Vice President, Philanthropy & Multicultural Insights, Orlando Magic; President, Orlando Magic Youth Foundation
- Dr. James Lawson, Minority Achievement Officer, Orange County Public Schools
- Dr. Johnny Morales, Director, Global Ethics & Compliance, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Pat O’Conner, President & CEO, Minor League Baseball
- Simmon Reed, Vice President, Business Improvement & Quality, Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Augusto Sanabria, President & CEO, Hispanic Business Initiative Fund of Florida, Inc.
- Bryan Sims, Of Counsel, Squire Patton Bogg