California Diversity Hosts Inaugural Silicon Valley Women’s Tech Roundtable
The California Diversity Council hosted the Inaugural Silicon Valley Women’s Tech Roundtable on June 17, 2016 at Hewlett Packard Enterprises Headquarters in Palo Alto, California. Attendees of the conference gained knowledge and advice from a number of prominent corporate leaders who shared insight from their personal success and professional leadership experience.
“This event gives women who have reached the top of the male-dominated technology field a platform to share their experiences with aspiring female executives,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chair of the National Diversity Council. “Our hope is that this type of interaction and dialogue will show women that their aspirations are indeed attainable. ”
The half-day event began with a welcome from California Diversity Council Chairwoman, Elana Hobson. Following the welcome and sponsor remarks, attendees participated in panel discussions covering topics such as “The Art of Promotion,” “Building Influence in the Workplace,” and “Confidence 101.” Following panel discussions, attendees were given the opportunity to share their thoughts in an open question and answer session.
The California Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, speakers and attendees for their assistance in making this event a success. Event program booklets and photos can be viewed on our timeline.
- Donnie Small, Senior Technical Recruiter, Diversity Specialist, Facebook
- Jennifer Blatnik, VP, Cloud and Enterprise Marketing, Juniper Works
- Elana Hobson, Chairwoman, California Diversity Council
- Christina Lai, Senior Technical Recruiter, Diversity Specialist, Applied Materials, Inc
- Gisselle Ruiz, Head of Diversity Staffing, Google
- Sonja Wilkerson VP, Human Resources, Hewlett Packard Enterprise