Philadelphia, PA – On September 1, 2016 the Pennsylvania Diversity Council hosted the 7th Annual Pennsylvania Diversity & Leadership Conference at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue. The event was held in an effort to recognize and empower multiculturalism and leadership throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
The full-day event featured concurrent panel sessions that addressed topics regarding diversity and inclusion, leadership and professional development. Executives shared their insights regarding topics such as “How to Map Your Career Path for Career Success,” “Diversity Is About Who’s On the Team. Inclusion Is About Who Gets to Play,” “Top Competencies for Leadership,” and “The Voice of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire and Achieve Results.”
A series of awards were also given in recognition of leadership and excellence including the 2016 Most Powerful & Influential Women Award, 2016 Multicultural Leadership Award and the 2016 Leadership Excellence Award, 2016 DiversityFIRST Award.
“I am so pleased to be able to recognize these extraordinary individuals who have overcome the barriers and numerous challenges they’ve encountered during their professional paths and achieved success in their distinguished and impressive careers,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council.
Leadership Excellence Award Winner:
- John Gurski, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Customer Engagement & Commerce Line of Business, SAP North America
DiversityFIRST Award Winner:
- Celeste Warren, Chief Diversity Officer, Merck & Co., Inc.
Most Powerful and Influential Women Award Winners:
- Amy Furlong, Executive Vice President, Cardiac Safety & eClinical Insights Solutions ERT
- Amy J. Coles, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Dr. Velma Scantlebury, Associate Director, Kidney Transplant Program, Christiana Care Health System
- Tricia Blair, Senior Vice President, Chief Digital Officer, Head of Enterprise IT Services, LFD & Marketing IT, Lincoln Financial Group
- Yin Woo Rani, Vice President, U.S. Marketing, Campbell’s Soup Company
- Dr. Karen E. Knudsen, Director, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University
- Linda Mattia Potts, Senior Vice President, Talent Development, Lee Hecht Harrison
- Alisa Toney, Major Gifts Officer, Institutional Advancement, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Crystal Thompson, Vice President, Enterprise IT Project Management, AmerisourceBergen
- Jo Bennett, Partner, Schander Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Dr. Renee Stewart, Chief Scientific Officer, Levolta Pharmaceuticals
Multicultural Leadership Award Winners:
- Dalip Puri, Vice President & Treasurer, Chemtura Corporation
- Dr. LeRoi S. Hicks, Vice Chair, Department of Medicine, Christiana Care Health System
- Sophia Lee, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Joan Grzybowski, Clinical Instructor & Family Physician, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- David G. Bowman, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP
- Ivy Kusinga, Senior Vice President, Chief Culture Officer, Chubb
- Joseph S. Mukurazita, Director, Investment Strategy & Advice, SEI Private Wealth Management
- Mark Villanueva, Partner, Stradley Ronan Steven & Young
The Pennsylvania Diversity Council would like to thank the event sponsors for their support of the Diversity & Leadership Conference: AmerisourceBergen, Campbell’s, ERT, Morgan Lewis, PCOM, PPL Corporation, SAP, Radian, and Schnader Attorneys at Law. Special thanks to all the volunteers, speakers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Photos and the program booklet from the conference can be found here.