The Tri-State Diversity Council hosted its 2017 Women in Leadership Symposiums throughout the month of May in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Attendees of the symposiums were exposed to female leaders who shared insights from their personal success and leadership experience as professionals.
Angeles Valenciano, CEO of the National Diversity Council, said of the initiative: “This type of event gives women the perfect opportunity to share in the knowledge and successes of the esteemed panelists, reflect on the development of their own careers, and network with fellow aspiring leaders.”
This year’s event theme was “Be Fearless: Influence, Innovate, and Inspire.” The half-day event featured multiple business leaders from various organizations discussing topics such as “Transforming the Rules of Engagement,” “The Difference ‘Difference’ Makes – Double Minority Leadership,” and “Lifting up the Next Generation of Women.” The symposiums began with a welcome and formal introduction of the participating panelists. Each panelist was able to address a specific topic of discussion as well as engage with the other panelists and answer audience questions regarding the panel topics.
The Tri-State Diversity Council would like to thank all the sponsors, volunteers, speakers and attendees for helping to make the 2017 Women in Leadership Symposium series a great success.
Photos and program booklets from the symposiums can be found here.
Women in Leadership Symposium Panelists
- Michele Coleman Mayes, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, The New York Public Library
- Kara Ross, CEO & Founder, Diamonds Unleashed by Kara Ross
- Barbara Matos, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, CBS
- Lisa Morales-Hellebo, CEO & Founder, Refashiond
- Hugh Welsh, President, North America, DSM
- Lisa Calicchio, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Wyndham Destination Network
- Sara Clarke, Sr. Vice President, Strategy, Analysis & Communication, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- Regina Figueroa, Regional Vice President, Operations, Alaris Member Health Centers
- Megan Lee, Chief HR Office & Vice President, Panasonic Corp. of North America
- Shawnie McBride, Vice President, Head of Business Programs & Process Excellence, Direct Energy
- Cheryl Battles, Vice President, Communications, Diversity & Strategy, Pitney Bowes
- Claire Burns, Chief Customer Officer, MetLife
- Margaret Castinado, Sr. Asst. Public Defender, CT Superior Court
- Jill Frederickson, Vice President, Editorial Ops, Sportscenter & News, ESPN
- Lisa Jacobi, Sr. Vice President, Human Resources, COCC