The Council for Latino Workplace Equity (CLWE) an initiative under the National Diversity Council (NDC) will host their Third Annual National Latino Leadership Conference on September 21, 2017 at the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, 9800 Westover Hills Blvd, San Antonio, TX USA 78251. This year’s theme is “Latinos in the US: Retos y Liderazgo”.
“This country has benefited from the loyalty, talent, and hard work of Latinos from many backgrounds. It is in the spirit of highlighting their accomplishments that we have established the National Latino Leadership conference. This recognition has been long overdue. Join us as we celebrate them and acknowledge their commitment and contributions to the success of our nation,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chairman of the National Diversity Council.
The full-day conference is a premiere leadership development event, gathering entrepreneurs, executives, innovators, educators, policy makers, and outstanding students for a formal discussion about opportunity in the Latino Community. The conference will consist of informative sessions on topics such as: Latino(a)s in the United States: Diversity and Change; Servant Leadership: Latinas in Politics; Latino Diversity in the Executive Board and C-Suite- Why are we not there yet?; LGBT Latinos: Impact, Acceptance and Progress; How to leverage our growing financial and political influence as Latinos in the U.S., and more.
The conference will include an awards luncheon honoring the 2017 Top Latino Leaders in recognition of their career success and efforts in paving the way for future Latino advancement. “It is with great pride that we introduce you to this year’s Top Latino leaders in the U.S. They are an extraordinary example of our Hispanic culture. Each one of them a story that needs to be told, each one of them a success against all odds and circumstances,” said Angeles Valenciano CEO of the NDC. “This year we are privileged to award the Dr. Hector P. Garcia Legacy Award to none other than San Antonio’s own, Mr. Jaime P. Martinez, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Cesar E. Chavez Legacy and Educational Foundation. Please join us in San Antonio, the birthplace of the National Diversity Council to give honor and praise to these extraordinary trailblazers,” said Valenciano.
Our 2017 National Top Latino Leaders are:
- Adriana Cabré, Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, National University Systems
- Carlos Tapia, Exec. Director, Large Market Client Group, Global Corporate Payments, American Express
- Art Acevedo, Police Chief, City of Houston
- Dahlia Rigsby,, Business Partner GSS, Corporate/Shared Services at BD Background, BD
- David Medina, Director of Multicultural Community Relations, Rice University
- Eva Guzman, Texas Supreme Court Justice, State of Texas
- Havidán Rodríguez, Provost and Exec. VP for Academic Affairs, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Joaquin Castro, U.S. Congressman, Texas 20th District
- José Rico, Senior Vice President of Community Investment, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago
- José M. Hernández, Engineer and former NASA astronaut, NASA
- Lea Marquez-Peterson, President/CEO, Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Lionel Sosa, Advertising and Marketing Executive, Sosa & Sosa
- Mara Garcia Kaplan, Director Counsel, Target Corporation
- M. Helen Cavazos, President/CEO, M. H. Cavazos & Associates
- Rosanna Durruthy, Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, Linkedln
- Veronica Zertuche, Deputy City Attorney, City of San Antonio
To view the more information on this year’s Top Latino Leaders please visit: www.toplatinoleaders.org
Registration for the conference will begin at 8:00 a.m. Individual tickets are currently available for $249. Corporate sponsorships start at $1,500. For more information about the event and to register, please visit: www.latinoconference.org